Ok, so I'm running behind on a few memes and a few other bits of news, so I might kill two birds with one stone in this post (although why you'd use a stone to kill birds when you've got perfectly good claws and fangs, I'll never know).
First, SophieKitty and Gypsy and Tasha tagged me for the 7 Weird Things Meme. I'm sure I've done this one in the past, but even I can't remember my answers, so I'm happy to give it another crack...
1. When I've finished my morning and evening meals, I have this little ritual of pawing at the wall, or the nearest vertical surface (like the refrigerator or the rubbish bin), for a minute or so. I'm not really scratching, just pawing. I don't even know why I do it. It's instinctive.
2. I don't like being patted (I think you Americats say 'petted'?) by anyone, really. Except for Nick and Kate (and even then I don't like it much). I also make exceptions around mealtimes, when I'll let anyone pat me if I think there might be food in it for me.
3. I bite Nick and Kate if they try to pat me when I'm hanging out in the garden. If I let them, someone might see, and that would ruin my tough guy image.
4. I hate having to do #2s in my kitty litter. I'm not allowed outside at night (WHICH SUCKS!!!). If I have to go #2 in the middle of the night, I have to sing a very loud song about it just to let Nick and Kate know that it's not an ideal situation for me.
5. Like mostcats, I make biscuits when I'm settling down for a nap. But Nick and Kate don't call it 'making biscuits', they call it the 'Step Reebok'. That's weird!
6. I really don't like the musical Cats. I'm sorry, I just can't relate to it. Humans pretending to be cats? Please.
7. I have a kind of a hero crush on my Uncle Simon. I follow him around whenever he comes to visit, especially when he goes outside to make smoke. I even lick drops of water from his fingers!!
The rules of this meme are that you link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. You share seven random weird facts about yourself, then tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
But I feel like everycat has had a crack at this meme, except maybe for a few newbies. If you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!!
Second, my good friend Yoggie tagged me for a New Year's Resolutions meme. Here are the instructions from his blog: When it comes to New Year’s Resolutions we seem to fall into four categories:
1. quite serious about them,
2. be flippant about them,
3. do it because we feel pressured to, or
4. do not do them.
So, the purpose of this little game is to let us know which category you are in.
Hmm. I've always been in category #4. I've never made New Year's Resolutions in my life. Let's see how I go:
1. I'm going to try and make some New Year's Resolutions. (Tick!! Hey, this is easy!)
2. I'd like to try and raise my profile in the local media a bit more, try my paw at a few commercials...
2. I want to try and find a way to convince Kate that she DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE ME FLEA MEDICATION 'JUST IN CASE'!! I DON'T HAVE FLEAS, WOMAN!! KEEP THE COLD, SQUIRTY STUFF AWAY FROM MY NECK!!!!
3. I'd like to try and spend some more quality time with my Uncle Simon. I think I need to find out what his interests are and get interested in them.
4. I'd like to recruit some newcats to the West Hobart Tigers Football Club. I haven't met many newcats since we moved house.
5. Speaking of which, I'd like NOT to move house this year. Or ever again. I need to find a high-paying job and help Nick and Kate to buy a house so we don't have to live at the whim of landlords forever. Maybe achieving resolution #2 would help. Any other ideas?
Ok, that's enough resolutions. I made five resolutions, so I'm gonna tag five cats to do this. I tag:
MoMo, Trip, Phoebe, Monica and Joey.
Big post, sorry. At least I'm catching up.
Oh, and one more thing: GO HOME MAO!!!!
18 hours ago