Saturday, July 28, 2007
Part of the 6am breakfast ritual involves Kate tearing off yesterday's cat-of-the-day calendar page to reveal the day's new page, featuring either a new cat picture or a new wise saying. Given our morning routine, Kate laughed out loud when she read yesterday's saying:
Too true, too true. I thought I'd feature it on my blog today because lots of cats have been doing the proverbs meme. I didn't write this one, but I thought it was worth sharing.
Have a great weekend, everycat!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
I've never won anything before. They will sure fill that salt-and-pepper-shaker-shaped hole in my life:
There were some great entries in the competition, not just in the Dogzilla category, but in the other categories too. Check them out! Congrats to all the winners! And thanks to Jeter and Laffin for such an awesome contest!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Look at my toes! You can kind of see my toes. I'm actually licking one of them while doing a Full Monty. This move has a moderate degree of difficulty. It's gonna be my entry in Monty Q's Full Monty comp.
I'll be honest, this photo was taken quite a few months ago, back in the days when the sun used to shine in on the loungeroom in the afternoon. So in some ways, it's not a legit tummy and toes Tuesday shot. But Kate is finding it very hard to take good shots of me these days, because it's dark when she gets home from work and I get laserbeam eyes if she uses the flash. Even on weekends, when she's home during the day, I'm in hibernation on or in or under the bed, not really in a posing mood.
In other news, Monica and Phoebe are back in the blogosphere! Their people have FINALLY arrived home from vacation. Why not stop by and catch up with the ladies?
Saturday, July 14, 2007
"As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability 'to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.' Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."
How cool is that? I'm honoured! I think that the blogosphere is an awesome place to schmooze; I'm so happy to be a part of it! And now it's my honour to nominate five more worthy kitties to receive the schmooze award. I nominate:
- The very schmoozy Phoebe and Monica
- The schmooz-eriffic Miss Fazakerly
- That schmooziest of mancats, Mickey Mantle (despite his reluctance to be known as a schmoozer, I think he deserves it! He's a good mate.)
- Daisy Mae Maus... a schmoozer-ino from way back!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Karl from The Cat Realm tagged me for this meme a few days ago. Here are my answers:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, I was minus three years old. But a twinkle in my parents' eyes... or maybe my grandparents'!
What were you doing a year ago?
Probably exactly what I'm doing right now: hanging in my basket (see picture above). I was starting to think about blogging, though...
5 snacks I enjoy
- Tasty morsels of roast chicken that Kate sneaks me when they have it for dinner (YUM!!).
-Offcuts of raw chicken and beef when Nick and Kate are cooking (I've got more of a chance of getting them from Kate).
- My Feline Greenies from my Secret Paw, Gypsy.
- We have these dry meaty treats over here called 'Cravers'. Pretty tasty.
- Any other morsels of human food I can get my paws on outside of my regular meal times.
5 songs to which I know all the words
-'Eye of the tiger' by Survivor
-'Drive' by my hero Shannon Noll (runner-up in Australian Idol 2003)
-'The love cats' by The Cure
-'Hello hello' by The Cat Empire (no joke, instead of saying 'hello hello' in one of the choruses, it says 'Pablo Pablo!').
- 'Pablo Picasso' by The Modern Lovers. This song is all about how intimidating and successful with the ladies Pablo
Picasso was ('He was only 5'3'', but girls could not resist his stares'). I can relate.
5 things I would do if I was a millionaire
- Buy a new HQ for Pablo Enterprises. While apartment living is chic, I'm sick of sharing my
territory. And Nick and Kate could do with a bit more space.
- Buy an AFL team. The Richmond Tigers, ideally.
- Make sure that everycat in the world has a nice place to live and plenty of food.
- Buy enough shares so I could be the majority shareholder in chicken.
- Buy all my blogging pals new computers with meow-recognition software.
5 bad habits
(I don't consider these things bad, but Nick and Kate do for some reason)
- Meowing very loudly for attention in the middle of the night.
- Scratching on doors very loudly for attention in the middle of the night.
- Jumping on the dining table and the kitchen bench.
- Biting the hand that pats me when I've had enough.
- Getting into fights with othercats in my hood.
5 things I enjoy doing
- Exploring my territory.
5 things I would never wear again
I honestly can't think of 5 things I've ever worn, let alone 5 things I would never wear again! Even though cats like
Daisy and Skeezix look good in their fashions, I'm just not a clothes-wearing kinda guy.
5 Favourite toys
- My new nip mousie from my Secret Paw, Gypsy.
- My blue feather.
- My stringplay string. [Need to scroll down a few posts to see this archived link.]
- My red mousie from my little friend Liji Beau. [Need to scroll down a few posts to see this archived link.]
- Any rogue piece of paper that dares to cross my path.
And I tag the following wonderful cats:
- Monica, Phoebe, Faz, Merlin, and Dobby.
Happy Friday, everycat!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
I even had Kate fashion some ear-holes for me in Photoshop. Big shout out to Nick for helping her with the task. (They usually have a fight when she asks him to show her how to do something in Photoshop, but this one went smoothly!)
Who else will take the dare?
Sunday, July 08, 2007
It's not so good. You can tell that I'm not interested in sitting for a portrait... I just wanna open my present. I've had letters in the mail before, but never a package!
So here's all my loot: two packs of toys, two packs of Greenies and a nip mouse! (My first nip toy ever, by the way! I love it. I've been grooming it ever since I got it!)
Not to mention a portrait of my Secret Paw, Gypsy (or is this a picture of Gypsy's sister Tasha? I'm a bit confused. Can you help me, Gypsy?).