Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hawks and Magpies live to fight another day...

Another exciting day of finals... this afternoon, Yoggie's team Hawthorn came from behind to snatch a three-point victory over Karl's team, the Adelaide Crows: 15.15.105 to 15.12.102. Meanwhile, this evening, the Collingwood Magpies (Faz's team) were too good for the Sydney Swans (Phoebe and Monica's team): 18.17.125 to 13.9.87. The Swans fought hard, and were just 10 points behind at half time, but they just couldn't keep it up. Karl, Monica and Phoebe, I'm sorry that your teams have been eliminated, but you can be very proud of their efforts.

One more game in the first round of the finals tomorrow, Geelong Cats (Daisy's team) v North Melbourne Kangaroos (Gypsy and Tasha's team). The Cats have been the dominant team of season '07, but the Kangaroos are always tough to beat. Can't wait!
Cheers,
--Pabs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very exciting and I am happy that my Hawks won!!!

Daisy said...

I hope the Cats are doing good....

The Cat Realm said...

Hold on, hold on - how did I get to have a team??? WOW. First thing I come here after my period of absence and I have a team??? I don't even do sports....
And how come my team LOST???
O.k. so I scrolled down - how absolutely SWEET of you to award me a team! Couldn't you have picked a winner? That's what Anastasia would have said...
So I guess now I have to be coming back and see how this ends. And get involved in sports. O well.
Thanks, Pablo!
Your friend Karl

Axel and Manny said...

*YAWN*
wake me up after the finals are over...