Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday fashions...

Well everycat, as many of you know, it's winter in Australia right now. And I've been kind of in hibernation lately, and haven't been up to many blog-worthy adventures or in the mood for many photo shoots... I've been spending most of my time in the big bed, as you can see (I stay there all day after Nick and Kate get up and go to work).

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to launch a new Friday series on my blog: Friday Fashions. Now, unlike some of you out there, I'm not the kind of cat that likes to wear fashions. But Kate is a big wearer of clothes, and some of her clothes have a kitty theme. For the next few Fridays, I'll share some of her cat-based fashions with you. Here's one:

This t-shirt has a bit of a story. The cat featured is Lucky, the mascot for the Lucky Book Club, which was a children's book order club that was around when Kate was a kid.

She found this t-shirt in a charity secondhand clothes shop about 12 years ago. I think it cost 50c or $1. When she started wearing it around, one of her friends commented that she used to have a t-shirt like that, but that her mum had donated it to a charity shop with a bunch of her old clothes...

Cheers,
--Pabs

3 comments:

Alexander said...

Awesome, I used to be a member too. I've still got the certificate, signed by Lucky the cat.

Oh, I think there maybe something coming for you (or Kate) from a secret admirer...

fional said...

I found the Lucky book club (and the other one, what was that called?) *so* exciting. I don't know if I ever got a book, but I always *poured* over the catalogue. Oh my goodness, the thrill.

SophieKitty said...

Neat-o!