Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday wonderings...

Hi everycat,

You might remember my post a few weeks ago containing a funny story about how one of Kate's little human friends thought that she was my (biological) mother? (You can catch up here if you missed it.)

Well, a very, VERY interesting comment was left on that post in the last few days. It comes from another Kate (who is a friend of my Kate and has known me all my life):

Dear Pabs, I knew your mother personally, but she kept the identity of your father secret. Your mothers name was Bathsheba Iraq Petuli, she was small and slender, black and independent. When she was a kitten she would go around the streets wrapped around her human's neck, but she didn't like that after she grew up. I don't know if Kate every met her. She might even still be alive, living in West Hobart I think.

Bathsheba Iraq Petuli... small... black... (my dad must've been a tabby, a manly mancat tabby who had to keep his identity secret because he was a secret agent with the vishus deer squad)... living in West Hobart?! I live in West Hobart! Maybe my mum is my neighbour, and we've been living side by side all these years!

Oh, everycat, I'm confused. What should I do? Should I let sleeping d-o-g-s lie, or should I put the cat among the pigeons?

Mum? Hey, mum? Uh... Bathsheba?

Cheers,
--Pabs

12 comments:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

pabz ...
u must find bathsheba iraq petuli.
it iz uv da utmost importance!
yerz--jh

Anonymous said...

Oh, how very fascinating! And what a lovely and exotic name -- Bathsheba Iraq Petuli. Simply marvelous! I'm sure both your parents were beautiful cats.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Sounds wierd....
I wondering about that, too...

Alexander said...

I think you should track your parents down, Pablo, that's always fun.

Poppy Q said...

You should find out where you comes from Paps.

I have tagged you to do the fridge meme - show me your violet crumbles and vb bitter. I know they are in there.

Poppy Q

Tybalt said...

I think you should try to track your mother down, Pablo. She sounds very interesting and exotic!

Christine and FAZ said...

Wow, I never thought about you having a mother Pabs, I thought you were sort of from the dream time or something and your father was a great native hunter who used to run with dingoes.

snowforest said...

it's a furry comlicated situation Pablo ~ we'd say go for it ~ find your Mom and Dad...

Daisy said...

Your furmom sounds very exotic! I think you should go on a quest to find her.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, Bathsheba Iraq Petuli...very exotic! Yes, if she can be found you should definitely go for it. Maybe yoor dad has retired from the secret spy bizness and she'll tell yoo who he is too.

Texas said...

What a really cool and exotic name for that cat!!

Just wanted to pop over and thank you for visiting my bloggie yesfurday and welcoming me!

Phoebe said...

Your mum sounds like a very adventurous sort of lady cat. How wonderful to travel around the neck of her person like jewelry. You should definitely search for her.