Friday, June 01, 2007

Cheers for the toys, Benny!

These toys could be the future of the West Hobart Tigers. My friend Benny gave them to me last year. It's a funny story, actually; he and his friends Matt and Pos wanted to play ping pong, but there was one small problem - no ping pong balls. So Matt called all the shops, but it was a Sunday evening, so no luck. Then he went out to get snacks. An hour and a half later he came back with snacks... and a pack of toys for cats, one of which happened to be a red ping pong ball! I scored the rest of the toys.

Anyway, most of you would know that Daisy has done a few posts this week about her cool collection of toys and all the things she does with them. Meanwhile, I've made the grand confession that the West Hobart Tigers (and every othercat in the SFFL) don't actually know how to play Australian Rules Football. So I got to thinking about these toys that Benny gave me, and how I could use them in some training skills and drills with the Tigers...

A preliminary sniff to start things off...


Experimenting with the 'L' formation...

Dodge the barbell, pick up the ball, tackle the mousie...



Things got a bit crazy towards the end there, but I think these toys will make awesome training equipment. Can't wait to share them with the other Tigers. Thanks, Benny!

Cheers,
--Pabs

16 comments:

Ali & Fiona said...

Those look like fun toys to put in our food dish.

Daisy said...

Wow, those toys will make fantastic training aids. You can use the little barbell for your conditioning exercises. Be sure to use a spotter!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd make a great trainer for the Tigers with those toys! They look like fun.

And yes, that is such a neat coincidence that Kate's desk calendar had that Dolly Parton quote! What a nice quote -- it makes me smile.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Ali & Fiona said...

You look just like Ali when he plays with his toys, must be a man cat thing.

Phoebe said...

That is a very ingenious strategy that you have come up with, Pablo. I'm sure that Matthew Richardson will be very impressed when he comes around to do your workshop.

Monica said...

Phoebe and I are honored to have been entrusted with the serious task of chairing your fan club. I learn so much from your posts.

Zoey and the furballs said...

What a workout!

Karen Jo said...

I am sure that you will make an excellent trainer with those toys. I can't believe that it took me so long to get around to coming to your blog. Thanks for your nice comment. I've been reading your fan club and keep saying to myself that I've got to go meet Pablo and I finally made it. I will add you to my blogroll now.

Parker said...

Very fun looking toys! I bet they make great training tools!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Those are lovely new toys! I bet you played with them all day!
Lovely play area too!! :-D

*~Princess

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Dear Pablo,
Thank you for reminding me that you were the guy who has the pin-up!
I have to say, my friend, it was a great idea.
Love--Mickey

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh No! Pabs whats happened to your head? Are you alright? I hope you didn't shake it off? Let me know as I am very worried. FAZ

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It's all good, Faz. My head's fine. It was just a bit of (unintentional) trick photogrpahy. Pretty cool, hey?

Ali & Fiona said...

Sorry for the lose of your kitty cousin. We tagged you if you feel up to it check out our blog.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great toys! You'll be in even better shape soon with those. Now you need more food to keep up with the carbs you'll be burning. mmmmm mooorree fooood

The Crew said...

My, that's a cool looking fuzzy mouse. Can one safely assume it's stuffed with catnip? Would you mind if I just transported over and gave it a quick sniff? As a member of Catnip Anonymous, I'm trying to keep my problem under control, but when I see a good-looking mouse like that, I don't think a sniff would hurt!

George