Thursday, June 28, 2007

My adventures in Kate's dreams

[Maybe if I sleep in Kate's bed, I'll have adventurous dreams, too! Read on for details... ]
Guess what, everycat? Kate has had dreams two nights in a row which featured me doing adventurous things that I would never do in real life!

Dream #1
(Tuesday night): Kate dreamt that there was a big swell in the Derwent River (the big, wide river that Hobart is built around) and that her cousin Jarrod (who doesn't normally surf) wanted Kate to go down to the beach and watch him riding the big waves. Kate walked along the shoreline between Sandy Bay and Taroona (those familiar with Hobart will know where she means. Taroona is where Crown Princess Mary of Denmark grew up!), but she couldn't see Jarrod. So, she climbed into the water at Taroona and walked/swam her way along the shore (sometimes sandy, sometimes rocky) back towards Sandy Bay to try and find him. Guess who was in the water with Kate: ME! Swimming! Kate knew that I would follow her and be okay, but at one point she waited for me to catch up with her and she carried me the rest of the way to a surf club (that doesn't exist in real life), where she and I found Jarrod and his wife, Rebecca. We also dried off with a big towel.

Dream #2 (last night): Kate dreamt that she was living back at home with her parents (I have never lived there, just so you know) and that she had a big fight with her mum. Something to do with cooking (which makes sense, because Kate's parents used to run a cafe/restaurant, and they all lived in the apartment above it). So, she jumped on her bike and rode up to visit her grandma (whom she called 'Nan'), who lived in a cute cottage about 2kms away. Guess who followed her on foot: ME! Going for a big walk across town!

She had a really nice time at her nan's place, they always used to have great chats (I don't know where I was during this time. I hope I was inside, because Kate's nan's cottage always had a few mice lurking behind the skirting boards! Yum!). Then she decided that she'd better go home and face the music with her mum. So she hopped on her bike (which was a tiny pink and white BMX-- she never had one of those. Well she did, but hers was red) and got ready to ride home.

At this point, I turned up again. Somehow, I made it known to Kate that I didn't want to follow her on foot; I wanted to get a ride on her back. So, I jumped on. But I was facing the wrong way... which meant that I was facing behind her, my front paws on her backpack and my back paws on her shoulder... and my butt and tail in her face! Ha ha ha ha!! Anyway, Kate didn't mind; she was just so stoked that I was riding on her shoulders while she rode home. Me! Riding on Kate's shoulders while she's on a bike! About 3/4 of the way home, I decided to hop off and walk for the remainder of the trip. That's kind of all that Kate remembers...

Lotsa words in this post. But I had to tell you how I was a star in Kate's dreams! I wonder what I'll do tonight?

Cheers,
--Pabs

15 comments:

Karen Jo said...

You really have great adventures in Kate's dreams. I really can't imagine you swimming with her, though I once knew a cat who liked to go swimming.

Daisy said...

Wow! Dream adventures sound very fun. I think the dream interpretation means that Kate knows you will always be there for her, even if you have to swim a river or ride a bike! Pablo, you are a good dream-buddy.

Christine and FAZ said...

Big adventures! I think it's a good thing they are only dreams though. FAZ
p.s. I am not able to go to the tennis as it is on the other side of hefty tabby's territory

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Those were some adventchers yoo had in Kate's dreams. Hope you haf lots more of those.

Axel and Manny said...

Daddy says that he only dreams of me when he away from the farm for while, coz he misses the hot-water-bottle-that-never-goes-cold-on-winter-nights effect that i have :)

"I think the dream interpretation means that Kate knows you will always be there for her,"
I think its time Kate got a husband to protect and always be there for her, oh wait a minute...

Anonymous said...

That are pretty cool dreams mate!
My female human dreamt a few days ago that someone wanted to steal me!
My humans were in the appartment of my female humans parents in Germany. Someone rang the doorbell and my male human opened. Then my female human heard him crying "HELP!" and she knew that someone wanted to steal me. So she took me and ran out of the terrace door. Then she thought: "Oh, I don't want to dream that rubbish!" and decided to wake up. So unfortunately I don't know the end of the dream.

The Crew said...

Those are some dreams! Are you leading a secret life we don't know about, Pablo?

Phoebe said...

Wonderful dream adventures, Pablo! You are so very daring in Kate's thought-world. It is clear how highly she regards you.

Monica said...

And did you dream of Kate that night? I think that your souls are somehow linked.

Zoey and the furballs said...

What fun adventures, even if they were only dreams.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Pablo! Kate loves you very, very much. Mom often dreams of us Ballicai.

And how fascinating that Kate dreamed that you were swimming with her! She clearly sees you as a friend she can rely upon.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

MaoMao said...

Wowie, Pabs, I'd love to go adventurin' in dreams -- that soundz like a whole lotta fun! Kate kleerly thinks you are the best kitty efur.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

snowforest said...

Awesome dream adventures - I've always wondered what do cats see in their dreams - and now I think I have some idea ... :)

ps. Don't forget to check out the changes to the cat blog and take part in the new daily quiz!

Mr. Hendrix said...

wow wow wow! even tho they are dreams, I think you are adventurous enough to try all of them!

Parker said...

Pablo - the adventure dreamy cat!