Thursday, August 09, 2007

Garrett: My not-of-my-species special friend

Dare accepted, Karl!

For those of you who don't know, Karl from The Cat Realm has dared his mates to seek out and befriend an animal from a species other than our own.

So... meet Garrett, my not-of-my-species special friend:

I found him over at the Animal Internet. Why Garrett, I hear you ask? Well, the reasons are manifold:
  • He's a NEWPSIE!!! Yes, he lives at Newport Beach, CA... in The O.C! But he's recently moved there from Pittsburgh, so he doesn't know Julie Cooper or the Cohens (but I guess the Cohens moved to Berkeley, didn't they?). The O.C. was my favourite TV show. I'm a lot like Ryan Atwood, you see.
  • He's a literary type. He wrote a whole editorial (published on the Animal Internet) about his previous work as a mine canary. Very impressive.
  • As you can see, he's a Budgerigar, and Budgerigars are native to Australia.
  • ... well... to be honest, he looks pretty tasty! The truth is on my side with this, because (according to Wikipedia) the name Budgerigar means 'good food' in some native Australian languages! But I've assured him that I'm too far away from him to do him any harm. He's a bit nervous about being my buddy, though. I guess I am a bit intimidating, just like Ryan Atwood.
Anyway, please visit Garrett's Animal Internet page and say g'day. Tell him Pabs sent you!

Cheers,
--Pabs

11 comments:

Daisy said...

Garrett is a very handsome bird, and he seems very smart, too! I like meeting all of these friends from other species.

snowforest said...

Oh he's so tiny and cute :)

The Cat Realm said...

Wow Pablo! That is an inpressive nomss friend you made there!
I read his article about his job - it is wonderful to put your skills at work to help others!
Thank you soooo much for accepting this Dare and putting such an effort in it! I really liked reading your story about him.
Your friend Karl

Unknown said...

I really need to get on the ball and pick my nomss friend. I am falling way behind.

Karen Jo said...

What a darling budgie. I am glad that you met him.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Garrett is very beautiful and colorful bird, he might very clever, too.
He will be very good friend with you~!

Tara said...

Great friend...such pretty feathers..I would love to chase...eh...eat..eh...lick those feathers....

He is a very pretty bird,and quite smart! Nice choice!

Tara

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

pablo,
mmmmmmmm .... wutta yummy lookin nmss frend.
i hav akshooallee asked sum"thin" to be mi nmss frend ... but he diden't get back to me. it wuzza act uv bravery to ask him.
oh well.
luv--yer frend--jh
d-o-gzillaz?????

Anonymous said...

He looks like a nice little fellow. Now I am thinking of food..

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Garrett is so cute! An excellent choice for a NOMSS friend. And you know what, since budgies can learn to talk, maybe you could teach him to say Meow!

I love what you said to Mickey and me about our climbing rhymes! We're a couple of rappin' kitties, *giggle*!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Garrett is a very cute birdie! :) What a great NOMSS friend you made. :)

My NOMSS Friend