Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two GREAT reasons to celebrate

Great reason to celebrate number one:
26 January is always a day for celebration in Australia, because it's Australia Day, which marks the anniversary of cats coming to Australia. 220 years ago today, the first kitty set a paw on this wide brown land. And I'm glad they did, because I couldn't think of a better place to live (although I'm sorry that the Europeans who brought the cats to Australia didn't ask the traditonal owners of this land if it was ok for them to live here too. That's just Bad Manners).
So in honour of the 220th anniversary of cats coming to Australia, I'm gonna teach you all an Aussie chant. If any of you watch sports like cricket, tennis or swimming, you will have heard this call-and-response chant before from Australian fans in the crowd. It needs a Chant Leader (me, in this case) and then a Crowd (that's you, everycat). So, it goes like this:

Pablo: Aussie! Aussie Aussie! Everycat: Oi! Oi! Oi!

Pablo: Aussie! Aussie Aussie! Everycat: Oi! Oi! Oi!

Pablo: Aussie! Everycat: Oi!

Pablo: Aussie! Everycat: Oi!

Pablo: Aussie! Aussie Aussie! Everycat: Oi! Oi! Oi!

Awesome! Now you're all honorary Australians.


Great reason to celebrate number two:



It's Lucy's birthday!!

Lucy the cat lives with a friend of mine named Sue, who comes to feed me sometimes when Nick and Kate are away. Guess how old Lucy is today?

20!!!

Seriously. Twenty years old. She's amazing. Still active, still snuggly. And she even got special birthday mail from her friends:
And her mum gave her a special party this afternoon with tea and scones! (I hope there was chicken, too!) Please join with me in wishing this lovely Aussiecat a great birthday, and many, many more!
Cheers,
--Pabs

17 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

20 years old!!!!!
That is really amazing~!!!!!!
Woww......
I wish I could live that long~!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing these 2 good things~!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Thanks for the chant. Bean says she will try that the next time Liam pitches. Or maybe she can teach it to the pose and they can do it when Dirty gets up to bat this summer.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

happee birfday lucy ... happee australia day ...
aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi!
luv--jh

Honey P. Sunshine said...

Oi! Oi! Oi!
happy purrthday lucy!

Daisy said...

Oi! Oi! Oi! Happy Australia Day to you! And also, a very happy birthday to the beautiful Lucy. She does not look a day over 10!

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot it was Australia day, thank you so much for reminding me Pabs. Also a big happy birthday to your friend cat - 20 years of age is awesome. Truly awesome.

We're counting the days now till the humans leave for Oz. They can't wait. FAZ

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

A furry happy purrfday Lucy.
We haf that chant here, but instead of Aussie we say Oggie.

Poppy Q said...

A very happy purrthday to Miss Lucy, maybe the trick to living longer is to be a friend of Pablos!!

I hopes your beans gave you lots of treats Miss Lucy, and lots of love.

Sending purrthday purrs your way.

Poppy Q

Just Ducky said...

I'm an Aussie now? Cool.

Wow, being 20, that is great, Happy Purrthday to Lucy.

Rosie & Cheeto said...

oh wow, this is such an importunt day to celubrate!! Nip all arownd fur Aussies AND Lucy who is 20 yers young!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oi! Oi! Oi! Happy Australia Day, Pablo!


An' WOW ... Twenty years old is furry amazing. I'm shooting for at least twenty myself. I'm currently fourteen an' still quite spry.

DMM

Kaz's Cats said...

Excellent Aussie chant Pablo!

And Happy Birthday Lucy! 20 years - that's impressive - she deserves a big party with chicken and tuna laid on!

Purrs & headbutts

Gypsy & Tasha

SophieKitty said...

It's a great day! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Twenty! That's amazing! I'm a little late but I whole heartedly wish Lucy a Happy, Happy Birthday and good health in many more to come!

Great chant, Pab! Oi! Oi! Oi! Oi!

That what I say about that parasol too. SS keeps it in wraps and I only get to play with it under strict supervision. And Brad said it was for ME. You heard, SS!

ACT said...

oh pablo, you are turning into a bogan cat with that chant!

Sooty said...

Congratulations Lucy!
Only a year to go until I click over three big two oh myself.

Joey said...

OI OI OI!!! That's a great chant, Mr Pablo! OI OI OI!!

Mrs. Lucy is one great cat, it sounds like. She doesn't look very old at all. Happy Birthday, Mrs. Lucy!