Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm a believer

Check this out:
Have you seen one of these before?

It's a Believe Bar. In August, Mars released three million Mars Bars with the 'Believe' logo to show their support for the inclusion of a Tasmanian team in the Australian Football League, and their intention to sponsor a Tasmanian team should they ever be brought into the league (click here for more info).

Many great AFL footballers have come from my home state of Tasmania, including my hero, Richmond Tigers star Matthew Richardson. But we've never had our own team. The AFL does have plans to expand the league, but a new Tasmanian team is not part of their short-term plans. They think that our population (just under 500,000) is too small to support a viable AFL team.
Like Mars, I believe in a Tasmanian AFL team, and am more than willing to offer my services as a coach (playing or non-playing) should the dream of a Tasmanian AFL team ever come true.

Cheers,
--Pabs

11 comments:

SophieKitty said...

Coach Pabs! I believe!!

Forever Foster said...

We believe you will get your team, Pablo!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I believe in you. SS believes in Mars Bars :)

We both love your cute feetsies!!!

Parker said...

I believe! Pablo, you would make a great coach!

Tybalt said...

I believe, Pablo!

Daisy said...

It is good to have a dream, Pablo!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

That's great that Mars showed their support. I hope your dream comes true.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i beleev u wood make a grate coach pabz.
dat iz awesum dat marz made dat bar!
luv--jh

Joey said...

I hope they DO give you a Tasmanian team, Pablo. You would make a GREAT coach, too.

Kaz's Cats said...

Pabs, we love the bar and we think that you'd make a great AFL coach. The next AFL team belongs in Tassie, where everyone loves footy, and not in Queensland or New South Wales. If we could vote for you, we would!

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

cjl said...

The Hawks will be the only team in tasi ever Pabs - deal with it!