Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A black armband for Anastasia...

There's a tradition in Australian Rules Football, when someone involved with a club dies, the players wear black armbands (usually made with black tape and worn around the bicep) as a mark of respect. Now, I don't like wearing anything, and I already have permanent black armbands on my arms (made by my black furs), so as a mark of respect to our dear friend Anastasia (who, it seems, has moved on from this world), I'm gonna delay the announcement about who's made the next stage of my Footy Finals competition for a week. It doesn't seem right to get excited about footy finals this week. It's a week to think about our lost friend and be thankful for the beautiful sparkle that she brought to the blogosphere.


Seeing as I'm delaying the announcement, I'll keep the entries open until midnight PDT next Sunday, if anyone still wants to enter. You still have a chance to make the final eight!

Thanks for your friendship and the fun you brought to the blogosphere, Anastasia! Shine on!

Cheers,
--Pabs

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful post, Pablo. We all will think of Ana this week.
Love

The Crew said...

Yes, we're all going to miss the lovely Anastasia.

Daisy said...

A black armband is a very sweet gesture for Anastasia. Pablo, you are very sensitive. I think you are right to wait until next week.

Phoebe said...

Oh Pablo, I hadn't heard about Anastasia. I will have to go and read about what happened. Those are great pictures of her.

Unknown said...

You are a very good friend, Pabs. Very good friend.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to Ana, Pablo. She was a star in this world, and if she has gone to the Bridge, then she is a star there, a bright and warm and shining star. Her sparkle and the love we all have for her will endure forever.

Whenever I see a twinkling star, I will think of our friend Anastasia.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a very kind thought. We are all so very sad about poor Ana and she will be missed very much.

Christine and FAZ said...

That's a nice gesture Pabs. I was so shocked to hear what may have happened to Anastasia. Wimbledon seems so safe in comparison. FAZ

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Dear Pablo,
Anastasia did, indeed, bring fun to the blogosphere. I posted her picture entry to the Squillion's recent contest and it made me smile.
Yours is a sensitive response to our loss in the blogosphere ... and now that Oscar has crossed the Bridge ... it seems even more appropriate.
We'll miss our wonderful friends.
Love--Mickey

MaoMao said...

Your black armband is great, Pabs. We Ballicai are gonna miss Ana so much, and Oscar. We like what Karl said about Ana and Oscar enjoyin' niptinis together at the Bridge.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao.

Zoey and the furballs said...

We're very sad about Anastasia too. It's a big loss to the cat community.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

It's been a furry difficult week with all of the losses in the cat blogosphere. Wearin' black armbands seems a fitting tribute. Considering that my arms ARE black as it is ...
DMM