Saturday, September 15, 2007

Semi-final 1: What a thriller!

Oh. My. D-O-G!! That was one of the most exciting games of footy that I've EVER seen! Tonight the West Coast Eagles (The Hot(M)BC's team) were beaten by the Collingwood Magpies (Faz's team) and eliminated from the finals race. But don't be too sad, cats of the Hot(M)BC, the Eagles fought so hard! I'm sure that your purrs and cheers helped them!

For the first time since 1994, the final went into extra time, because the teams were locked at 72 points each at the end of full time. So, they played two 5-minute periods of extra time, in which Collingwood kicked away to win 13.15.93 to 10.14.74. Faz, Collingwood now goes on to meet the Geelong Cats (Daisy's team) in a preliminary final next week. The winner of that game goes on to the Grand Final on 29 September.
Tomorrow (well, later today, since it's 12.09am right now), Yoggie's Hawks (Hawthorn) take on Gypsy and Tasha's Kangaroos (North Melbourne) for the right to play Sooty's Port Power (Port Adelaide) next weekend. Can't wait!

Better get some good napping in before the next game.

Cheers,
--Pabs

5 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh poo. Well we's purroud they playeded a good game! Does this mean we should cheer for those other birdies now? Or should we eat chick-hen for dinner and furget about it all? hehehehe
Purrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Daisy said...

Oh dear! I hope the Cats can beat the Magpies (sorry, Faz). Fight, Bite, WIN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the suspense! I wonder who will come out on top?

I hope you have a great pre-game nap, Pablo!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dis iz verree eksitin, pabs.
i'm still owt an abowt ... but i'll be keepin an eye on thingz wen i get back home.
luv--jh

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh my, I am now a nervous wreck. I will have to see what Daisy thinks about her team's chances (although being a half Australian cat I feel I should have the home team advantage). FAZ